About Me

My photo
Ypsilanti, MI, United States
I have been happily married for 40 years. My husband retired from GM after working there for 36 years. He is now working part-time at a local GM dealership as a shuttle driver. It is the perfect job for him. He doesn't mind driving and for sure he doesn't mind talking. I have enjoyed rubber stamping for about 10 years. I can tell you that I do not do scrapbooking just cardmaking. I love it. I retired from the University of Michigan in 1997 after working there for 30 years. Most of the time I worked in the Mathematics Dept. At this point, you can say I wonder how she liked it. My mom told me if I couldn't say something nice to someone don't say anything at all. I will comply and not go into a huge dissertation about how awful my bosses were during that period. I did like my office mate, Dee Hudock. We worked very well together. I can also say for the most part I liked the professors. I have two grown children and 3 grandchildren. I am totally addicted to FB and all the games I play there.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

What a Ride


Yesterday we finally had our Mosey family Christmas. The weather was horrible but it was fun getting together. We had a good turn out. The only sibling missing was sister Sue. It was our first Christmas without Dad. There were many empty feelings for me yesterday. It was hard and sad. Mom seems to be doing well.

The biggest story of the day was the weather. The forecast was calling for a "winter storm warning". Predictions of 7 or more inches came true. We got to my sister's in pretty good fashion. It took us about an hour more than usual. It normally takes about 2 1/3 hours. Coming home was a much different story. The roads were completely snow covered and slippery. You could not tell where the lanes were, shoulders, etc. It was best just to stay behind the person in front of you. This was the first time since Dennis had his surgery that he drove. I am glad he drove but I was a nervous wreck with the roads they way they were. We left Jenison about 6 and didn't get home until 11. We did stop for a short while to have a quick bite to eat. But was it worth it? You betcha. Often times it is too easy to ditch plans with family and take them for granted. I am here to tell you that family is too important. If there is an opportunity to get together, you should take it. Make the time somehow. You just never know. Who knew that when we had our family reunion in May that it would be Dad's last?

My niece and her husband with baby Lexa. It was good to see a baby in the family again. I hope by the time the reunion comes around in IL that we will meet Noah the latest addition to the family. My mother-in-law had a theory. When someone dies in the family, the next one born will be of the same gender. An example to prove this was my dad passing away and the next baby born was a boy. Does it work every time. Probably not but it is interesting to see it play out.

No comments: