About Me

My photo
Ypsilanti, MI, United States
I have been happily married for 40 years. My husband retired from GM after working there for 36 years. He is now working part-time at a local GM dealership as a shuttle driver. It is the perfect job for him. He doesn't mind driving and for sure he doesn't mind talking. I have enjoyed rubber stamping for about 10 years. I can tell you that I do not do scrapbooking just cardmaking. I love it. I retired from the University of Michigan in 1997 after working there for 30 years. Most of the time I worked in the Mathematics Dept. At this point, you can say I wonder how she liked it. My mom told me if I couldn't say something nice to someone don't say anything at all. I will comply and not go into a huge dissertation about how awful my bosses were during that period. I did like my office mate, Dee Hudock. We worked very well together. I can also say for the most part I liked the professors. I have two grown children and 3 grandchildren. I am totally addicted to FB and all the games I play there.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mid-week

I have been "busy" playing on Facebook and making cards. I have been weary the last few days. I went to the laundry mat yesterday because I can't do the stairs to go down to the basement and do it here. It pretty much wiped me out for the day. It is hard to do all the lifting to say nothing about how much it costs. It is faster than doing it at home but I hate lugging it all around. I can only imagine how Dennis was whipped helping me. It seems like this knee replacement surgery has been harder than the others.

Tomorrow I am going back to the pain clinic for my back. I sure hope the treatment they do will help with my pain. The last one didn't work so well.

I don't have much else to say except that things are going wrong here because of finances. My cell phone is broken and I haven't got the money to replace it. Our long distance phone has been shut off because we are late with the payment. We have property taxes due next month and no money to pay it. I just don't know what we are going to do to get out of this mess. With Dennis off work right now and that income lost, it has made it even harder. My disability hearing has not happened yet and I have no idea when it will. There is no guarantee that I will even get it. I know that I can hardly function physically around the house and I don't think I could ever go back to work.

No comments: