About Me

My photo
Ypsilanti, MI, United States
I have been happily married for 40 years. My husband retired from GM after working there for 36 years. He is now working part-time at a local GM dealership as a shuttle driver. It is the perfect job for him. He doesn't mind driving and for sure he doesn't mind talking. I have enjoyed rubber stamping for about 10 years. I can tell you that I do not do scrapbooking just cardmaking. I love it. I retired from the University of Michigan in 1997 after working there for 30 years. Most of the time I worked in the Mathematics Dept. At this point, you can say I wonder how she liked it. My mom told me if I couldn't say something nice to someone don't say anything at all. I will comply and not go into a huge dissertation about how awful my bosses were during that period. I did like my office mate, Dee Hudock. We worked very well together. I can also say for the most part I liked the professors. I have two grown children and 3 grandchildren. I am totally addicted to FB and all the games I play there.

Thursday, January 1, 2009



I am glad it is a new year. 2008 was a difficult one for our family. With my shoulder replacement surgery (that was not 100% successful), my dad's homegoing in November, my husband's knee replacement 5 days before Christmas, my son's health crises Christmas eve. I was turned down for disability from Social Security, we lost our church where we attended for 30 years, I lost my job with the church after 12 years, financial problems continue to plague us. Mark lost a job and was out of work for a couple of months.

There were some good things too. My youngest granddaughter was saved. God provided another job for Mark. Dennis has a great job with Prestige Buick here in Ypsilanti. He is the shuttle driver and really likes it. We are attending a good church. I am looking forward to seeing what this year will bring to my little corner of the world.

No comments: