About Me

My photo
Ypsilanti, MI, United States
I have been happily married for 40 years. My husband retired from GM after working there for 36 years. He is now working part-time at a local GM dealership as a shuttle driver. It is the perfect job for him. He doesn't mind driving and for sure he doesn't mind talking. I have enjoyed rubber stamping for about 10 years. I can tell you that I do not do scrapbooking just cardmaking. I love it. I retired from the University of Michigan in 1997 after working there for 30 years. Most of the time I worked in the Mathematics Dept. At this point, you can say I wonder how she liked it. My mom told me if I couldn't say something nice to someone don't say anything at all. I will comply and not go into a huge dissertation about how awful my bosses were during that period. I did like my office mate, Dee Hudock. We worked very well together. I can also say for the most part I liked the professors. I have two grown children and 3 grandchildren. I am totally addicted to FB and all the games I play there.

Friday, June 26, 2009

I actually left the house this morning

I was craving a donut or bagel so bad this morning. I went ahead and got dressed and went out. Dennis and I needed to go get a few things at Kroger and I told him if he would take me to Horton's I would go with him to the store. That worked! Before we left I called my friend, Nancy. I am so glad I called. They had a fire in their family room this morning. The room has windows blown out and every thing covered with smoke and water. Landy got it out before the fire dept. got there thank goodness they weren't seriously hurt. They both inhaled enough smoke that they we were having a difficult time breathing. Nancy's eyes were red. I told them they should get out of there and breathe some clean AC air so they met us at Horton's for a little while. Since I believe in guardian angels and God's care I am so thankful they are ok. The insurance company can take care of the damage.

No comments: