About Me

My photo
Ypsilanti, MI, United States
I have been happily married for 40 years. My husband retired from GM after working there for 36 years. He is now working part-time at a local GM dealership as a shuttle driver. It is the perfect job for him. He doesn't mind driving and for sure he doesn't mind talking. I have enjoyed rubber stamping for about 10 years. I can tell you that I do not do scrapbooking just cardmaking. I love it. I retired from the University of Michigan in 1997 after working there for 30 years. Most of the time I worked in the Mathematics Dept. At this point, you can say I wonder how she liked it. My mom told me if I couldn't say something nice to someone don't say anything at all. I will comply and not go into a huge dissertation about how awful my bosses were during that period. I did like my office mate, Dee Hudock. We worked very well together. I can also say for the most part I liked the professors. I have two grown children and 3 grandchildren. I am totally addicted to FB and all the games I play there.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday

I had a good day today. Joy came down and we went and looked for a doggy for her. There is a no kill shelter near here that Jo knew about and Jo knows about doggys. She found Miriam for us. I don't know if they are going to adopt one or not. They may go look again. They did have a lot of nice kittys there - more than doggys. Then Joy had to go to the store because she needed to pick up somethings to make an appetizer for tonight. She made spanish rice for me for lunch. It was sooooo goooood. We ate the whole batch without any left over. She makes a appetizer out of water chestnuts, bacon and a bbq type sauce. They are really good.

Tonight we went to dinner with the Bobo's at Applebees. I can tell you the company was better than the dinner. For some reason neither Dennis or I like their food that much.

I spent an hour or so on YouTube today listening to quartet music. It was good to hear those old songs again.

I am going to try something here so lets see if it works.


This is one of my favorite songs. Especially the verse about no more pain. On days like this where I am hurting all over I long to be free of pain. And that is not going to happen until I am at home with Him.

No comments: