About Me

My photo
Ypsilanti, MI, United States
I have been happily married for 40 years. My husband retired from GM after working there for 36 years. He is now working part-time at a local GM dealership as a shuttle driver. It is the perfect job for him. He doesn't mind driving and for sure he doesn't mind talking. I have enjoyed rubber stamping for about 10 years. I can tell you that I do not do scrapbooking just cardmaking. I love it. I retired from the University of Michigan in 1997 after working there for 30 years. Most of the time I worked in the Mathematics Dept. At this point, you can say I wonder how she liked it. My mom told me if I couldn't say something nice to someone don't say anything at all. I will comply and not go into a huge dissertation about how awful my bosses were during that period. I did like my office mate, Dee Hudock. We worked very well together. I can also say for the most part I liked the professors. I have two grown children and 3 grandchildren. I am totally addicted to FB and all the games I play there.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Great News

I got a letter this week from the Social Security Admin approving my disability. I applied about a year ago but was denied last summer. I got an attorney who said I would have an appeal hearing and it could take up to 18 months. I have been waiting (not always patiently) to hear when my hearing would be. I was dreading it. The idea of court and a judge just scares me. God had a different plan. Thank you Jesus. I don't know the amount of the benefit yet but should get a letter soon.

It is becoming more apparent to me that there are quite a few things I can't do any more. My arms and and shoulders not working and my back hurting and my legs going numb make things pretty difficult. I am so thankful that Dennis helps as much as he does. It has been a struggle for us with him being laid up with his recovery from surgery. He is doing quite well and is able to do some laundry here so we don't have to go to the laundrymat. That was really really hard to do that. I wish I could afford to hire a cleaning lady to come in once a week to do the things I can't. Wishful thinking I guess.

No comments: